- Meet with the management of all of our investment funds.
- Review research on core equity positions as well as ongoing changes in the bond market.
- Due diligence completed on all investments based on strength of the managers, performance, risk ratings, downside protection, consistency of income streams and MER’s.
- We are not bound by 'in house managers' or proprietary investments and can freely search the market for what is appropriate for you. We go one step further and have hired an independent firm to audit the portfolio managers we choose for our SMA portfolios.
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of all investment solutions.
- Internal review of clients L.I.F.E. Plan relative to the current portfolio. Identify anything that needs to be addressed at team meetings.
Our client relationships are built on trust, integrity and excellent customer service. We are dedicated to meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. You can trust that we will consistently and responsibly perform all requested services and that someone from our team will be available when you need us.
In addition to the review meetings, telephone calls and emails we send, there are a number of things we do for our clients that are going on behind the scenes and our entire team is dedicated to ensuring the completion of these services. Some of these additional services are:
- Regular meetings/due diligence with investment managers for all of funds that we invest in.
- Ongoing review and analysis of individual equities and sectors. We gather information from research and economic departments both in house and on the street.
- Reviewing our clients’ transactions and portfolio’s on a daily, weekly and monthly basis with a focus on their specific goals and objectives.
- Reviewing your tax situation in terms of your income, capital gains/losses and potential government benefits.
Below we have outlined a comprehensive list of the services we provide at no additional cost to our clients.
This is Our COMMITMENT to your L.I.F.E Plan:
- Regular review of current versus proposed Insurance strategies.
- Needs analysis performed after any life changing event to ensure coverage is still sufficient.
- Review of personal and corporate tax and estate issues to determine if insurance products should be considered to address future liabilities.
- Focus on providing the best possible strategies to address your needs within an affordable framework.
*Insurance services provided through Echelon Wealth Preservation Ltd.
- Tax Planning with particular focus on maximizing RRSP's/TFSA's based on your income both now and in the future.
- Capital Gains/Losses and review of your Notice of Assessments to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Regular review of personal income streams to determine which accounts should be utilized to fund income needs and still maintain as low of a tax bracket as possible.
- Review of income generated within portfolio to ensure it is as tax efficient as possible.
- Annual review of beneficiaries of all accounts to ensure they are correct.
- Discussion and review of your estate plans including: Will, Power of Attorney and Representation documents.
- If we identify any potential estate issues we help you find the right person to meet with to address and resolve these issues.
- Review of potential estate liabilities and determine if there are any solutions available to address these liabilities.
- Attend education seminars for updated information on insurance products including rating, pricing, product development and taxation issues.
- Ongoing training on new investment products, tax planning and insurance products.
- Portfolio Structure - We pay attention to and recognize the importance of the blend of accounts, the way each; Cash account, Registered account (RRIF, RRSP, TFSA, RESP), Pension, CPP, OAS, Trust accounts, Corporate Accounts. etc. work in conjunction with each other towards your goal.
- All account documentation reviewed for potential updates prior to review meetings if greater than one year old. This includes beneficiaries and set up of all accounts.
- Weekly review of EFT's (in and out), RRIF payments, Maturing Funds.
- Speciality Seminars and Events on items of importance.
- Full Financial Plans.
- Full network of COI's to aid in your complete plan - Lawyers, Accountants, Estate Planners, Real Estate Agents, etc...